Sometimes it could be cheaper and more effective: Organise your homestay in a Spanish family during your Spanish language course by your own!
Living with a Spanish family improves your Spanish:
- You get in touch with the Spanish way of life
- You practice your Spanish skills all the day long
- You’ll find new friends in your new language
What means to live with a Spanish family?
- Sleeping in a single room, sharing the the rest of the flat/house with the family
- Full board or half board – just as you like it.
- You’ll be integrated in the daily life of the family, you’ll form part of them, they’ll treat you as their friend
- They’ll support you with your exercises as well the can (they are not teachers, but they’re living the daily Spanish)
- They’ll off to lead you wherever they go themselves: Cinema, pubs, dining with friends …
- If you have problems with your Spanish language schools they’ll stay with you. If you’re undisclosed which school you should book, they’ll advertise you.
- Usually you pay directly to the families (no commissions, no intermediary)
Please don’t confuse living with a family with having some butlers serving you all you wish – to be integrated in a family means that you form part of them, that there are some normal, daily works which could be done by all family members, even by you.
How are the families?
The families are usually parents between 35 and 45 years old and they have children. Some of them have a dog or a cat. In some families even Internet access is available. The distance to the beach and/or downtown depends where they’re living, surely one criteria to select your family will be the distance to your selected Spanish language school.
Once in contact with your family, sure they’ll send you a detailed description of themselves, with photos, how they are living etc. etc.
Estimated prices they can offer:
Price per week half board (breakfast & lunch): 140 €
Price per week full board*: 190 €
*) Full board info: Sunday to Thursday (5 days a week full board + Friday and Saturday half board)
To get in contact with a family you can search this type of service on Internet.